TITLE: OPERATIONS LABORER VAN ANDEL ARENA
REPORTS TO:OPERATIONS MANAGER
Operations staff will be responsible for interpreting event floor-plans accurately, event set-ups, change-over(s), strikes, and storage/maintenance of arena type equipment.This crew will assist in general pre/post event associated clean-up and changeover of arena floor, locker rooms, hallways, banquet rooms, outside perimeters and all public or service support areas of the arena.
- Sets banquet rooms, Hockey, Basket Ball, Concerts and all other events according to event work orders and floor plans.
- Will assist in general cleaning and upkeep of banquet rooms, locker rooms, main seating areas, concourse, outside perimeter and all service areas.
- Will be responsible for properly using, maintaining and storing any and all equipment needed to perform job duties.
- Will be responsible for completing pre event and post event checklist for all events.
- Will work with and direct work efforts of part time/temporary staffing personnel.
- Will be responsible for the safe use and distribution of chemicals.
- Assist other departments within the arena as needed.
- Will work as scheduled at Devos Place convention center as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to read and interpret event floor plans, and follow work orders/directions is a must.
- Hi-Lo experience is desired.
- Must be able to work independently as well as train and direct work efforts of others.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of floor care machines is desirable.
- Operation of Ice resurfacer is desirable.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, not be visually impaired, stoop, bend, twist, climb ladders, and lift 75 lbs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Position requires extended/irregular work hours including nights, weekend, and holidays as required. This position may be exposed to adverse conditions. Exposure to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise, fumes, dust, cold, etc. Must not be afraid of heights.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, and prior experience, or on the job training as shown.